Full Time – AMI Project Manager
*** This position requires travel and or possible overnight stays.***
NECO is a rapidly growing company servicing local government and private water Utilities in the Advanced Meter Reading Systems industry. NECO offers a wide array of products and services, including water meters, installation services, hardware repair, meter reading software, technical support, data analytics and data hosting to optimize water conservation and revenue generation.
NECO is seeking a full-time position for an AMI Project Manager. Under direction of the Field Services Director, the PM will provide superior customer service and oversight for AMI field system implementation and Support. The PM will coordinate and manage Fixed Network Infrastructure installations of multiple sites throughout Ohio and Kentucky regions and travel to all necessary locations per the position’s responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate Field Project job sites audit and requisition materials, contractors in a timely manner for project startups.
- Track and coordinate shipping and delivery of customer fixed network collectors with IT and Field team for proper inventory control and configuration for deployment.
- Oversee, plan, and execute the installation of coaxial cable, antennas, electrical and additional hardware infrastructure with NECO installation crew and or contractors.
- Plan and purchase necessary assets, tools and equipment for site installations including cable and pole structures.
- Work with each customer to identify utility owned site locations to expedite installation of infrastructure systems as well as work with customer on non-owned locations Rights of Use.
- Assist Manufacture during system installation with necessary information, aiding in propagation analysis and on location site surveys.
- Complete all safety checklists when performing work near electrical or when elevated and report to CFO.
- Provides onsite support for hardware and basic networking problems and standard customer service-related issues that arise with fixed network systems in coordination and partnership with Tech Department.
- Communicates directly with customers via email and phone and remote sessions on installation coordination of implementations.
- Assist customers in site asset identification and requirements.
- Identifies hardware and software problems for Fixed Network systems and recommends or applies the best possible solution for resolving the problem including backhaul, electrical and VSWR testing.
- Conducts research on new technology as requested to stay current with any new releases and features of business operating systems and software utilized by the organization.
- Documents status and progress for assigned work in appropriate tracking software.
- Responsible for conforming to and supporting policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinates and performs hardware implementation, site set up with customer.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Requires some training/experience in fields such as project management, field services, technical or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor’s degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience in a customer service and technical support
- Basic understanding and/or supporting PCs in a LAN environment a plus.
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Electrical experience is required.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Ability Requirements
- Basic technical knowledge of personal computer systems.
- Strong computer skills to operate effectively with company systems and programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, good interpersonal and non-verbal skills.
- Pleasant and personable character.
- Ability to explain technical terms and concepts to non-technical end users.
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines and adjust to changes.
- Ability to adapt known and proven solutions to new or novel challenges.
- Methodical approach to identifying and solving challenging customer problems
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with little to no direction.